I have been very fortunate in my life to travel paths taken by others and also I have had the opportunity to branch off and create my own paths. Life has dealt me many different cards over the years…some exceptional ones and others that are very unfortunate. In my short time on earth experiencing life, I have made a point to absorb all life has to offer, the good and the bad.
From reflecting back on these experiences, four phrases come to mind:
- The only thing standing between you and your dreams is reluctance and laziness.
- The moment you stop trying to become a better person or a leader, is the moment you start to become worse than what you already are.
- No matter how many plans you make or how in control you are, life is always shooting from the hip.
- Hardship and effort often prepares an ordinary person for an extraordinary path in life.
Every moment that passes, you should feel the kind of intensity that you felt and experienced as a child. Colours seemed brighter, things tasted sweeter, smells were more powerful! With life comes experiences that should remind you of how it is so short and this should drive you to enjoy every moment as if it’s your last.
As the saying goes, “You can’t see the forest for the trees”; experience life as many take it for granted…
– Jason, steady, determined, thoughtful, beer drinking, loving, husband, daddy and community volunteer