We were married at St. John’s Cathedral in Winnipeg on June 2, 1962 so will celebrate our 55th wedding anniversary this year.
We moved to Toronto in 1964 and then to Barrie 1978.
When asked what the secret of a long marriage is, we didn’t know the answer. A possible factor might be having common interests. We both like to travel and meet new people. We are interested in politics and are very concerned about world affairs, a healthy diet, fitness and a positive outlook. We also both enjoy yoga, dancing, tennis, and the outdoors.
Since we both grew up in Winnipeg and aren’t big fans of our winter weather, we escape to Florida in the winter, returning for a month to celebrate Christmas with our family. We couldn’t imagine being in Florida at Christmas without our family
We are blessed with good friends and a loving family. Our daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren are a constant source of interest and pride!
We are very, very spiritual and believe that God has a plan for each of us and it is when we stray from that path that things in our life go wrong. We are also very proud Canadians and feel very lucky to have been born in the best country in the world to live!
Some other thoughts:
- Life and marriage is like a bacon strip…you have to get through the lean (bad) at get to the fat (good) strips
- Attitude is the difference between an ordeal or an adventure
- And Forrest Gump said it best, “Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.”
– Shirley, wife, mother, grandmother, spiritual, bridge player, news junkie, plays women’s doubles on two tennis teams in Florida, practises Reiki, loves to travel
– Wayne, husband, father, grandfather, spiritual, news junkie, proud Canadian, loves to travel, believes in being positive and living a healthy lifestyle